Wild Rice Dressing
This Holiday Wild Rice Dressing combines a flavorful wild rice mix, sweet cranberries, and savory herbs.
- 1 32-ounce container low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 1/4 brown rice
- 1 stick unsalted butter, plus more for the dish
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 cup dried apricots or cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
Here are your instructions:
Heat oven to 350° F.
In a pot, over medium-high heat, bring the broth and 2 cups water to a boil. Add the wild rice and brown rice, reduce heat to low, and cover. Simmer until tender, about 45 minutes.
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion and celery and cook for 10 minutes. Add the cooked rice, parsley, sage, pecans, apricots or cranberries, salt, and pepper and toss. Transfer to a buttered casserole. Cover and bake for 25 minutes.
In Advance: Assemble the dressing but do not bake it. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Bake as directed, adding 10 minutes to the baking time.