Brown Rice with Garlic and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Fresh vegetables add color and flavor to this simple side.
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped, reconstituted in hot water for 10 minutes, drained
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 (14-oz.) can artichoke hearts, packed in water, drained, rinsed
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 medium black olives, chopped (for garnish; optional)
Here are your instructions:
Combine rice, bell pepper, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, artichoke hearts, and pine nuts in a large bowl; mix well.
Drizzle with oil and vinegar; toss gently to blend.
Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Arrange greens on a large platter. Top with rice mixture, cheese, and olives (if desired).