Whitefish with Tomato Salsa
This flaky whitefish with tomato salsa is easy to make and high in protein. It steams in a foil packet, and comes out perfectly every time, without a mess. This cooking method works well for other types of fish, just remember that thinner cuts of fish will cook faster.
- 1 medium red tomato, finely chopped
- 1 medium yellow tomato, finely chopped
- 5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 4 (4-oz.) each white fish fillets (like cod, halibut, or tilapia)
Here are your instructions:
Preheat grill or broiler on high.
Combine tomatoes, basil, oil, and vinegar in a medium bowl; mix well.
Season with salt and pepper if desired; mix well. Set aside.
Top baking sheet with foil. Top with fish and tomato salsa. Pull up sides of foil and close, leaving a small opening at the top.
Grill or broil for 7 to 9 minutes. Open foil carefully (steam will come out). Fish should flake easily when tested with a fork.