Watermelon and Tomato Gazpacho
Watermelon is a unique twist that makes this chilled gazpacho soup even more flavorful and refreshing. This tasty recipe requires no cooking. Just put everything into a blender and push the button!
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 4 cups cubed watermelon
- ½ medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp. chopped Italian parsley (reserve a small amount for garnish)
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Thinly sliced carrots (for garnish; optional)
- Thinly sliced radishes (for garnish; optional)
Here are your instructions:
Place tomato, watermelon, cucumber, and shallot in blender; cover. Pulse until chunky.
Add vinegar, oil, basil, parsley, and salt; pulse until chunky.
Remove ⅓ of tomato mixture; place in medium serving bowl.
Blend remaining tomato mixture until smooth. Add to serving bowl; mix well.
Divide into 4 serving bowls. Garnish with carrots, radishes, and parlsey if desired.