Hearty Chicken, Sweet Potato, and Apples
This is a great recipe to use leftover chicken and baked sweet potatoes. Don’t have leftovers? We’ll let you in on a little secret: the dish in the photograph above was made with a chicken breast from the deli section of the supermarket and a bag of frozen cubed sweet potatoes. And it was indeed hearty, and delicious!
- 3 tsp. olive oil, divided use
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium tart cooking apples (like Granny Smith or pippin), peeled, cored, finely chopped
- 2 cups cubed baked sweet potato, cut into cubes
- ¼ cup raisins
- 8 oz cooked chicken breast, boneless, skinless, chopped
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh sage
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. paprika
Here are your instructions:
Heat 1½ tsp. oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add onion and apples; cook, stirring frequently, for 6 to 7 minutes, or until mixture begins to brown. Place in a large bowl.
Add potato, raisins, chicken, sage, salt, pepper, and paprika; mix well.
Heat remaining 1½ tsp. oil in skillet over medium heat.
Add apple mixture, pat into an even layer in pan; cook, without stirring, for 2 minutes.
Stir gently; cook an additional 2 minutes, or until it begins to brown. Serve immediately.