Citrus-Herb Roasted Turkey
This roast turkey is basted in a delicious citrus, garlic, and herb sauce.
- 1 (12 lb.) fresh turkey (neck, heart, and gizzard removed)
- 5 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped lemon peel
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped orange peel
- ½ cup low-sodium organic chicken broth
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1½ tsp. ground cumin (optional)
- 1½ tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1½ tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary leaves
- 1½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
Here are your instructions:
Preheat oven to 450° F. Position rack in the lower third of the oven.
Place oil, lemon peel, orange peel, broth, orange juice, lemon juice, garlic, paprika, cumin, oregano, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
Place turkey breast-side up on rack in roasting pan. Rub turkey with half of prepared dressing, including under the skin and inside the cavity. Reserve remaining dressing for basting.
Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until skin is golden brown. Remove turkey from oven and cover breast with aluminum foil.
Return turkey to oven. Reduce heat to 350° F. Bake, brushing turkey with remaining dressing every hour, for an additional 2 to 2½ hours or until thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh registers 165° F. 6. Transfer turkey to a large serving platter and cover with foil. Let turkey stand for 10 minutes before carving.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 120 mg
Sodium: 390 mg
Carbohydrates: 3 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugars: 1 g
Protein: 37 g
Body Beast Portions
1 1/2 Fat
1 1/2 Red